Why diebetic patients are prescribed more medications ?

sir,why for a diabetic patient doctors prescribe more medicines?like gluconorm sr,optisulin,arkamin,duotrol,amlokind,losartan etc.for bp,sugar why not each tablet is enough?why do you prescribe medicines more?why not single medicine is enough?
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Hi,Rangnath.I hope we can do this.Each and every tablet has got different mechanism of action and effect.When blood pressure or blood sugar can not be controlled with single drug we have to add another drug.Some times when the problem is more the two drugs are given from beginning so as to have synergistic effect and avoid side effects.Diabetes never comes alone ,it is associated with many other system involvement so one has to take multiple drugs.bye.
Hi welcome to health care magic.see its depends upon your blood sugar report.if it not control by one medicine then doctor add another for maintain if it not suffcient then another if it not controle then add injection. so its all depend upon your immune response to medicine.
  Anonymous's Response
My starting FBS were 124/129 and doc was keen on selling Pills to me (DM T2). I resisted and resisted and resisted. Last FBS (afer 10 weeks of first/second report) was 60, random was 92 and i take no pills. Allopathy is a Pill centric symptom suppression regime. There's no such thing as "Cure" in allopathy. It's only "Symptom Suppression". Headache is not cured by looking at cause of headache but by suppressing the feeling of PAIN.

According to Boston Globe 90% of billions of dollars that Pharma companies spend on marketing goes towards complimentary dinner passes, samples, gifts for doctors. So there's a tendency to overdo on PILLS.

Unless it's something that needs surgery, I avoid Allopathy completely.