Why did the man's face turn black after death, was found crumpled on floor, on stomach, with head up against the wall ?

Hi--I am an American. Also a nurse, living in saidi Arabia on a compound here. Medical care is questionable. An American man died at work yesterday and people who found him are questioning me why his face was so black when they found him, yet his hands, arms, etc were pale/bluish? They are wondering if that might be some kind of indicator as to the cause of death. He seemed fine one hour before--no complaints. They will not do autopsies here so they are just trying to see if the face color is typical Of a stroke or heart attack or something else. He was 49 years old and was found crumpled on the floor, on his stomach , with his head up against the wall. Any ideas? They seem most concerned by the black colored face and why.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012