Why did the end of my tongue, tonsils and throat start getting sore? Use benadryl?

Hey there, about a week ago I started realizing that the end of my tongue had started to become soar almost as if it was scratched or I had bitten it. My first rational conclusion was that my tongue had scraped against the brazes that I have behind my teeth while I was sleeping, as the week went on my tongue began to hurt in a few other local areas ranging from the back of my tongue to the front. The areas around my tonsils and throat became soar as well. Prior to this I had realized itchiness, redness and dryness around my eyes. I am unsure if the eyes are related but I had taken Benadryl to attempt to cure it and it certainly helped. Now I am currently taking daily Reactine for my eyes to continue to keep my eyes from getting worse and they have been a lot better. As far as my throat and tongue go (which are very soar and possibly swollen but I am unsure about that) they have been getting worse each night while I sleep and I will wake up with it even worse. My mother had looked at the back of my throat and she said she had happened to see a white bump back there. Any ideas as to a proper diagnosis and/or treatment would be much appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012