Why did I get circular rashes when I developed a fever in childhood?

As a young child and up until I was well in my 20 s, when I developed a fever I would *always* also develop circular rashes (shaped much like hoop earrings) on my elbows, finger joints, knees and at my toe joints. Sometimes the rashes would be both on the anterior and postior portions of the joints. The rashes would itch. Ring worm had been ruled out (although why would the rashes develop only across my joints? Why not somewhere else, as well? I am 70 years of age and have been blessed with over-all good health, with the exception of fibromyalgia and RA (the latter being a real bug-a-boo). You may wonder why I am interested now, after all these many years. Actually, I have always wondered but just never received an answer. Warm wishes, Jan
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012