Why can not a person change their own heart health in a short amount of time just by changing their life style?

When you know you probably have a blockage in your heart can changing you life style and diet immediately? change the out come of a would be heart attack or stroke,and how long if possible would it take your body to clear the blockage , with your help and change of life style, I some how feel that to many people just wait and do nothing thinking a open heart repair will make them as good as new, but from what i have seen it only adds more health problems due to the amout of drugs a person must take every day after getting the open heart repair,I know we most all realize the heart problems come from what we eat and being to lazy and not working off the bad stuff, so why can t a person change their own heart health in a short amount of time just by changing their thinking and eating / plus working a little harder???
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009