Why can I taste blood in the back of my throat? I have not had any cold or sore throat

Hi! I sometimes taste blood in the back of my throat. Generally this happens when I yawn, cough or yell. Most of the time I feel I have something stuck in my throat and I have to clear my throat before speaking or during speaking. I have not had any cold or sore throat in many months. However few months ago I did experience blocked ear for one week. I m quite worried what this might be so please advise as soon as possible
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011