Why are there red rashes all over that have spread to groin area? Why bed ridden?

my husband who was very healthy has now been layed up in bed and is getting worse each day. first he started retaining alot of fluid in his body. So the doctors put him on lasiks. Then his legs broke out in this raw red rash that oozed allover and was extremely itchy and painful. The skin on his legs just broke down and fell apart. They say it was cellulitus so they put him on strong antibiotics to get rid of it. It went away and came back 3 times so far. Then he started getting this pain in his groin area and side by his hip on and off for a few weeks. About a week ago it came back full swing and is still there no one can figure out what it is. It has left him bedridden because he is in extreme pain when he trys to walk. He already has a terrible back from an accident at work 34 years ago and is on very strong pain medicine perscribed by the pain center. They now have him on dilaudid and valium as well as his oxycotin for his back. Tonight he is up in bed sitting up because he is short of breath. I am so worried and don t know what to do. What can be wrong with my husband that his doctors are missing? What can I do? Where can I take him where they will find out what is wrong with him.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012