Why are my periods irregular ?

age-17 gender-f I don t have a medical or treatment history of this problem. I have only had 2 periods this year and I know I m not pregnant because I m not sexually active. I have missed my period for 2 months for the second time and this time it s getting close to 3 months. Is this normal in kids who are obese? Or could there be something wrong with me. When I first started my period when I was 11 and in the 6th grade I never missed one and when I started High School I started to miss them. I don t know what is going on and I ve told my mom and she told me not to worry about it but I am because I know this shouldn t be normal.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011
that can be because of stress as well as obesity. calculate ur BMI = wt in kg/height in mtr x ht in mtr, if its above 97th percentile for age see a endocrinologist for this, it can create problem when u become sexually active.