Why and how did my blood sugar levels stabilize post dengue ?

Hello Doctor My name is Nitesh telecommunication Engineer, male 39 yrs, height 183 cm weight 80kg. On april 5th 2010 I was diagnosed with very high blood sugar 550mg/dl. Cortisol 28 Iul and Insulin 3.6 ,I lost weight from 92kg to 82 kg in 20 days due to ketoacidosis . My doctor put me on metformin 500mg twice daily and DPP4 inhibitor Januvia 100mg daily once. Within 20 days my fasting sugars were down to 120. My cardiac profile and Liver profile were normal with no evidence of retinopathy , neuropathy or nephropathy, After two months of medication I suffered severe nephropathy, I had to go to urinate every 15 mins upto 30 times a day with great pain in the urethra, A sonography was performed on my bladder with no findings, Urine reports and urine culture also were negative, I had to take roliten 2mg for one month after which situation improved. On 10th Aug 2010 I and my father were admitted to The ICCU of Lilavati Hospital Mumbai with Dengue hemorragic fever, My father expired, My liver enzymes were above 9000 bilirubin above 10 So I had severe jaundice and I was bleeding through urine stools, nose and ear, Any-how I survived. My ICCU doctor stopped all diabetic medicines citing liver damage. On discharge I was advised insulin if necessary but no medicines. Post discharge I was 74 kg, so I lost 18 kg From 92 to 74. I have been measuring my blood sugar 4 times a week regularly with a very accurate Bayer meter. Post discharge my fasting sugars were always 95-100 and post lunch 109-137. On discharge my hemoglobin was 7.0 which I recoverd to 13 in 40 days. Afer Dengue it is 20months today and I have over 20 lab reports and 300 blood sugar readings on my meter but I have never crossed the above readings. I have 4 HbA1c readings which were 5.3, 5.0, 4.9 and yesterday it was 5.0. can you throw light as Why and how did my sugars stabilise post dengue. Pre dengue my hemoglobin was always above 15.0 and post dengue it has never risen above 13.0. I am 80kg today and physically fit and fine than before. Why doesnt My hemoglobin rise back to 15 as before. What may be the cause of the nephropathy attack 3 months after a sugar level of 550mg/dl ? I have got ample lab reports to support all the above phenomenon. Please put some light
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012