Why am suffering from Severe Anxiety problems

20 yr old male with Severe Anxiety problems I already take Paxil but this past week it has been bad what can i do to calm myself down
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Dear Justin, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
Anxiety is a very common problem. Paxil (paroxetine) is an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor), used to treat anxiety, as well as many other psychiatric conditions like endogenous depression, panic attacks etc. These medications take time for effects & meanwhile you may require other agents & psychotherapy to keep up your morale. One week is little time to say if drug was ineffective. Discuss it with your psychiatrist & continue with medicines. Good luck.