Why am i not getting periods with negative HPT result and no pregnancy symptoms ?

Hi doctor , We are planning for pregnancy . Actually my periods should be around 19th of July. But havent got yet. I have used Prega news to test after 4 days (23-July). it resulted negative and i dont have any symptoms like vomiting etc etc. then why am i not receiving periods. what could be the reason. should i undergo the prega test after 10 days (29-July) ? in general after how many days of skipping periods we can know that i am pregnant or not.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jul 2011

The urine preg.test is+ve after8-10 days of missed period Please repeat it after4 more days .
THe nausea,vomitting,etc. may occure late or some times may not be there. so cheer up!