Why am I unable to sleep during night ?

Hello Doctor , i am not getting sleep in the night, normally i use to get sleep after 2am. can you please me get me the solution.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Welcome to HCM.
It also depends upon your age and other associated disease. pl.Explain other condition if you have.Are you taking any medicines of hypertension,Diabetes...NO...
Than go for certain investigations,Blood pressure measuring.
Are you in some stress..?Any stress and overworking during day time is also affect your sleep.Be calm,cool,avoid stress,over thinking.
Pranayam,yoga and meditation will certainly help you.If it persist for long time than go to your physician to rule out and medical management.
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
You can follow a good sleep hygiene like sleeping everyday at same time, avoiding exercise and tea/coffee before sleep, not using bed for other activities like studying/net surfing etc. If these simple methods dont work, you need to consult a psychiatrist, who can help you overcome stress and anxiety through medication or other non-pharmacological means.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
You probably are stressing yourself a lot recently. Are you having more tension these days. You need to calm down. Do relaxation exercises like deep breathing, Yoga, Pranayam to help relax. Eat carbohydrate food at night like dosa, rice, idli and avoid high protein at night like lot of chicken and also avoid ver sweet food at night. Drink enough water. When you go to bed, stop thinking or planning anything at all. If these techniques don't work you may consult a Psychiatrist for help in reducing anxiety and/or sleep disorders.