Why am I sometimes fatigued with high BP and consistent sounds that I hear?

Sometimes especially when driving I am overwhelmed with fatigue and I need to pull off the road and close my eyes. It could be the middle of the day. I am a fairly fit 44 year old woman and very active. This just started in the past year or so. I have controlled high BP and after hearing consistent sounds in my carotid a Doppler revealed 25-49% blockage in both carotids. Could that be responsible for the sudden onset of fatigue?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012