Why am I not getting regular period even after taking meprate tablets?

hello..i m having irregular cycle from very begging .. i m over 20 kgs then my normal weights .. i have been taking meprate from the begging and now i m 19 years old but still no regular cycle.. i wanted to know , what actually happens, i means eggs are not produced properly or what and how does meprate work to get bleeding started..
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Hello, well from the history you have given, first of all the cause of irregular bleeding has to be recognised. ..well polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOD) is the commonest cause of irregular periods at this age group which is associated with increasing weight also.......A detail history and an examination is required before coming to a conclusion. ....Reduction of weight is very essential along with hormonal supplementation to regularise your cycle. .....increase fat will cause peripheral conversion of androgen to oestrogen, will cause irregular cycles and also in future may lead to metabolic syndrome...hope i was helpful to you. ...