Why am I not able to conceive ?

i am trying to conceive form three month but i cannot conceive what will i do?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Apr 2011
Iam trying to conceive form three month(feb-mar) but icannot conceive.i am 26 years old what will ido now?
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
Few things are primarily needed for conception.
1)to have normal mensruation with ovulation.
-please get your internal check up by a gynac & be sure about normal organs.
-Ovulation study (sonography) from 7th menstrual day onwards to know exact day of ovulation/LH surge test to guess the day.
-A physical check up&semen analysis of your husband -toconfirm normal semen.
-Intercourse 1 day before,the day of ovulation & i day after the estmated day of ovulation
-Start Tab.folic acid &cap. evion400mg Once a day by both of you-right from today onwards till you conceive & also afterwords as per dr;s advice.
wish you all the best.
thank you!
u should go through a physical check up,usg pelvis,ovulation study. plz check semen analysis of ur husband.
there r many reason tubal blockage,ovarian cyst,harmonal imbalance,lack of ovulation,lack of knowlege about proper husband there is low sperm count,diminish motility of sperm,increase no of dead sperm.go through the total physical and investiguation then u will find the proper cause and cure is possible.wish u allthe best
General & Family Physician Dr. Smrithi's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM
Since how long have you been married? Do you have irregular periods?
You need to get a thorough examination of yourself and your husband. Mainly get an ultrasonography of abdomen and ovulation tests.. Further Your husband should also get semen analysis done..
Hope this helps you..
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. It is a relatively common issue faced by many married couples. You need to tell me more about your menstrual history, duration of your marriage and married life. Most of the times people do not understand the right time of mating when the chances of conceiving are very high. You must visit a doctor to get yourself evaluated by for any hormonal issues as sex hormones or thyroid can alter your ability to concieve. you must undergo an ultrasound to rule any defects in reproductive organs. It is required for your husband to undergo sperm analysis to consider any abnormalitity from his end. After thorough work up your doctor would be in a better position to guide you further. Wish you good health.