Why am I having prolonged bleeding during periods ?

hi please help i am 44 years of age and my periods have been on time and fine all of a sudden my last period as lasted for ten days ive stopped for six days had sex with my partner and started bleeding again im really worried wat is wrong with me as the bleeding stops at nite and starts again in the day
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
You can suffer from such bleeding because of many causes like cervical ulcerations/erosion/polyp etc.Please get examined by a Gynaec as you will require internal examination to see &find out the problem.