Why am I having UTI after intercourse ?

i have frequent Urinary track infection after intercourse
Asked On : Thu, 5 May 2011
Hello and welcome to healthcare forum.
Keep habit of passing urine just after intercours.
You should drink plenty of fluids orally.
You can also use urinary alkalinizer syrup.
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
normal healthy persons will not have u t i after intercourse
one of the partner may be having genital infections and should be examined for and take treatment
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,you hot mentioned whether you are a male or female.If you are a female,then you should go for urine examination and then urine culture test to determine which antibiotic is working.Some times the infection is not cured and some of it is left which keeps on coming.Have an habit of passing urine and before sexual relations.Do not hole urine.At times the treatment of male partner is also needed.bye.