Why am I getting intense pain in one specific spot after having inserted an IUD post abortion ?

Hi doc, I m 20 years old, I m about 5 5 and 145 pounds. I m about ten days into my first period after having an abortion April 13th, 2011, it s now June 1st, 2011. I had a copper IUD inserted while they were doing my abortion, and I m having pretty severe cramping and pain, not very much clotting, but bleeding has ranged from light to dark red (which I hear is normal), I thought I was almost finished my period but I m having intense pain in one specific spot. I was having pain with my IUD after it was inserted, and often felt the string of it. I was worried it wasn t in properly, but maybe thought I was overreacting and over thinking everything. Now that the pain is back I m afraid maybe tampons had something to do with it, so I ve stopped using them. The pain is under my belly button, and above my vagina area, on my lower right, I d say a few inches below where my hip feels, more toward the middle from it. I m not sure if I should get this checked out, they didn t bother with my two week checkup when I tried to go in for one, so I ve had no physical exam since. Should I wait until bleeding stops or slows at least, do you think it could be the IUD or is this a cause for concern?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011