Why am I gaining weight with healthy foods ?

I ve always eaten fairly well, and when I went off to college for four and a half months I ate very well, with everything vegetarian, no pizza (I had 1 slice in 4.5 months), no bagels, no bread, nothing fried, no pasta (I had 1 or 2 servings in 4.5 months), no potatoes (I had 1 one time), nothing oily, and no candy - but I did have desserts sometimes. Even with this eating , I have somehow managed to gain some weight and grow a double neck!! My neck has a lot of fat and has a roll even when I m just sitting and staring straight. I don t like it and I don t understand why I got it and why it s getting worse. PLEASE help me!! Why is it that I eat better than most people but this happens? I mean, even though I eat really well, I do eat a lot - but would eating a lot of healthy stuff really do that? I m 18 years old, 115 lbs, 5 7.5 , and my family is all very tall and skinny - but now I m the biggest of them all with a very fat neck :(( Also, I bloat a LOT - I went to the doctors to get tested for multiple things but nothing showed up. When I eat even the smallest thing, I look 8 months pregnant . Please give me advice/help!
Asked On : Wed, 5 Jan 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
it is essential to rule out any metabolic and neurological disorder
proper investigations to find out the pathology is needed for proper treatment
  Anonymous's Response
Well, i would definatly talk to your doctor about this. But, maybe its a problem with a lack of exercise. Even walking can help you to loose weight. I would suggest talking with your doctor, and if they dont know what to do, see a dietitian or a body fitness expert. Who knows, maybe your one of those people with that rare illness who gains weight when they undereat, and looses weight when they overeat. Also, if you have previously had an eating disorder (such as anorexia or bulemia), it can cause your body to gain weight unexpectedly.