Why am I feeling hardness in my belly button after a appendix surgery ?

I had my appendix removed about 5 weeks ago and when i got the staples out i noticed a knot under the cut where they went in at. The knot didnt start hurting until about 2 days ago.. The cut is going through my belly button and sometimes when i move a certain way it hurt or if i touch it too hard i was wondering is this normal to have???
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
Hi Alea Lang

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Pain will be there at the sutured or stapled area for a while .This is normal and do not worry.Avoid heavy exercises or strain on your abdominal muscles..Please report immediately to your doctor if you have any redness or pus from these points.