Why am I experiencing severe itching in my vagina ?

Please someone help me! I m 14 and i would say every 6 weeks at night i get awoken by a tiggling feeling in my vagina it is incerdibky uncomftable, the pain makes me cry its so bad! Everyday my Vagina always either itches or feels very uncomftable. I really don t know what to to, I can t shave my pubic hairs because everytime I try I just itch in side my vagina and get this horrible feeling again. I m to embaressed to tell my mum or go to the docters what can i do? PLEASE someone help me please?! I m really worried about myself.. also my vagina is INCRDIBLY itchy right not, i cant tell anyone im so so embaressed, so i cant get any creams or anything... please i need help im so so scared, its so itchy and sore! i just really dont know what to do just please please help me and tell me whats up with me and how i can calm the itch! : ( : (
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Hi Lucy
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Firstly , donot panic at all.It may be infection.It is very common for women to pick infections of genital tracts.Im sure your mom will understand if you tell her about this.
This infection can be treated based on the cause of infection.I advise you to visit a Gynecologist and she may prescribe you an antifungal drug for the same.It is better to open up to your mother for help than suffering for more than 6 weeks.