Why am I experiencing irritation in my vagina ?

I am 25 years old and I workout regularly I have noticed irritation on my vagina lips I do not have an odor and it does not itch What could be the problem I am 25 years old and I didn t discover a problem with my vagina lips until recently. I started to not wear underwear and I was not experiencing and irregular issues with my vagina. I noticed that my lips were irritated after my period ended. I wore an off brand pad and then I noticed irritation when I would take a shower. My mom suggest that it could be de to stress, detergents and the fact that I do not wear underwear to protect my vagina from infection. What could the primary problem be? Also I have set up an appointment with the family doctor . I also changed my diet for the past two years I have been a vegetarian. Could being a vegetarian effect the changes that hav occurred?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Being vegetarian has got nothing to do with your vaginal irritation.The most likely cause seems to be the allergy caused by the off brand pad you used. Either the pad used contained some synthetic material causing irritation or you kept the pad for long without changing it.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal