Why am I bleeding heavily after having sex and how long will it last ?

i m 33 yr old unmarried and had sex in the morning with boy frnd,first time intercourse, i didnt bleed, second time today i bleed and since morning it is bleeding , red pure color.too much bleeding. for how long will this bleeding continue?is this normal? when will this get over?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Aug 2011
Thanks for query,
Bleeding will stop gradually,
If it does not stop it may be due to some injury or bruise in vaginal canal causing bleeding.
Consult gynaec and go for physical exam.
Please make sure that it is not your monthly period.
Ok and bye.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcme to hcm
thanks for the query
are you near the time of monthly periods?
if not then wait for 2 to 3 days .it may subside in a day or two
take lot of water.good diet and some multivitamins
if the bleeding not subsides then you have to consult a gynecologist for other possible cause of bleeding in between periods
take care