Why I am experiencing painful periods along with passing 2 big white tissues which was smooth and lumpy ?

I recently had a period and I am on the pill, but this one was incredibly painful, I don t usually have painful periods and I noticed passing tissue which was clear/white coloured the size of my palm and a few milimetres thick. It was smooth on one side and lumpy on the other. I passed 2 of these in a short space of time and my period is also alot heavier than normal. What could this be? Do I need to get it checked out?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Apr 2011