Whitish spot with pain in the inner cheek. Accidentally bit the cheek. Need to see a dentist?

I bit my inner cheek about a week ago, around where my bottom wisdom tooth is growing in. It s been in a lot of pain ever since. I thought it was just a combination of the bite and teeth growing, but a this morning I looked a little closer. Right in the area where my gum and my cheek meet on the bottom gumline, there is this white-ish spot that is the exact source of my pain. It looks almost like a hole that has been filled in. This has never happened before. Do I need to contact a dentist or should I ride it out?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013