White vaginal discharge, foul smell, brown spotting. Coil fitted recently. Normal symptoms?

hello, i had a coil fitted 5 weeks ago when i was on my period i bleed for 10 days then it stopped, i had a normal period on time 2 month and finished last week after 7 days, 5 days after my period ended i had thick white discharge and it smelt bit off, then the next day spotting brown colour and then went for my 6 week check, they couldnt find the thread so prooded me about a bit, and saw the thread, today i have started bleeding heavy again and the blood smells a bit, what is this and is this normal.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. Your symptoms could be due to the INTRAUTERINE DISEASE, vaginal infection can produce with similar symptoms, and even heavy bleeding is due to IUD. You need a course of antibiotics for further management.
Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your LIKE my answer so that I receive points, also kindly rate and review my answers. Good luck!!