White spots reappeared on child cheeks. Earlier ointment had helped. Use same ointment? Or prescribe other treatment?

hi my 4 yr old daughter has white spots on her cheeks. she had this problem last year well during summer. dermatologist in malleswarm prescribed her some ointment and she was alright after that. the same problem has appeared again this time. please advise if i should use the same ointment or do you prescribe any other treatment
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013

Thank you for your query.

It is very difficult to suggest whether the same ointment shall be effective without having a look at the lesions. You can give it a try and in case there is no improvement then you should see the dermatologist.

However, most of the time the white spots disappear on their own and nothing much has to be done for them.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal