White spots on tonsils, disappeared with medication. Spots reappeared, tonsils red, swollen. Treatment?

I was on a Z-pack for a bacterial infection and after done noticed a lot of white spots on my tonsils. Took some acidophilus/ probiotic complex and they mostly disappeared but not completely. Went to the doctor and he said it was from post nasal drip . He gave me Biaxin just in case it was strep . The spots went away and now a day after I finished my tonsils are red, swollen, painful to swallow and white spots have appeared again. What should my next step be? Thank you for any suggestions.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013