White spots on tonsils. Taking vicodin for pain. Will popping them help?

The white spots on my tonsils....(my dr says i have tonsillitis and mono) can i npop them like blisters? would it make me feel better? this is the 8th day of being in extream pain from them even though they are only a mild case....p.s. i have been given vicodin by my dr for pain...hasn t helped. used cloreseptic. helped at first but not so much anymore. hot liquids used to help but again...not so much anymore. so if i pop the white stuff on my tonsils, will i feel better?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012