White spots on the legs since childhood. How to get rid of them?

Im 16 and have had white spots on my legs and arms from a young age and i don t know what it could be, what its from or how to get rid of them if its even possible. Is it possible it could be my genetics? They arn t lumpy, itchy or painful but seem to be small dots of white discoloration. When i tan (which i hardly do, so i dont see how it could be from too much sun exposure) they dont tan with the rest of my skin, they just stay a pale skin tone. Please help me!
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012