White spots on roof of mouth, hard palate behind my central and lateral incisors, sore throat, minor fever, used counter top medicines, gargling with salt water

I have several white spots on the roof of my mouth . Specifically on the hard palate behind my central and lateral incisors. I also have a white spot on my left tonsil along with two white spots on the back of my tongue which are nearly symmetrical. I just noticed these recently when my throat started bothering me and I was checking for sores. I also had a minor fever and body aches. My sore throat came on suddenly and the pain has fluctuated the past 48 hours. Basically it hurts more at night than during the day, but it is getting better and the spot on my tonsil appears to be going away. I ve been using over the counter remedies and gargling salt water. However, the spots on my tongue and hard palate do not appear to be going away. Any ideas of what this could be? I did find a picture that was similar to what I m talking about that was described as transverse rugae of the hard palate . ( WWW.WWWW.WW However, my white spots are closer to the central incisors. Thanks. I am a 25 year old female and I am a smoker if this helps.
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012