White spots on his face. More under sun. Taking topcort, vitamin A supplement. Suggestions

My 6 years old son is having white spots on his face. I have seen a doctor and he suggested that it is due to vitamin a deficiency. I am just wondering is this the only reason for those white patches on his face. these spots appeared one year back. that time they were very few and after som time they lightened themselves. but now since past three months they are more prominent. only change in his routine is that now he is playing more under sun since past three and half months. The doctor suggested him "topcort" for external application and a vitamin A supplement too.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013