White spots on back. Prescribed Diflucan. Is the prescription safe?

Hi, i m a 27 yo male and have been suffering for 10 years now of skin fungus. I ve tried many treatments including sporanax and diflucan (once a week 300mg dose) as well as topical shampoos/cream but the fungus has recurred every year. This year has been particularly bad with white spots covering most of my back and sporadically all over my body too. My dermatologists prescribed to me a 450mg dose of diflucan once a week for 4 weeks. Is that a safe prescription? will the fungus still recur next summer?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012