White spots in the mouth, inflamed tonsils. Difficulty in talking. Treatment?

the other night i fell asleep after drinking beer and eating a bunch of salted peanuts. I did not brush or rinse my mouth out before falling asleep, When I woke up i had peanut peices in my mouth. Over the past couple days my left tonsile has become inflammed and has white spots on it and down my throat . I took a spoon to the white spot and it came off. I do not have a fever . I just am not able to talk good b/c the swelling .
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Poor oral hygiene and reflux disease are common cause for tonsillar infection.
If you have problems with talking, swallowing, then its important that you take a course of antibiotic, decongestant and gargle.
And do not try to clean the tonsils on your own, it may pain.