White spot on the iris above the pupil. Prescribed Tobramycin solution for infection. What kind of infection?

Noticed a white spot on my iris right above the pupil and my eye had a gritty feeling and redness....Went to eye dr today and he put drops in my eye and checked it for like five mins. Gave me a prescription for Tobramycin ophthalmic solution 0.3% and said I should take them every 3 hours for 5 days. He just said I have an infection in my eye and that is it....What kind of infection could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012