White scalling on the vulva. Candadia and gonorhea test negative. Treatment?

jusst wanted to ask that my gf had white scalling on vulva region and white thick discharge we met the doctor she said signs are of vaginal candadisis , took medicine for 15 days white curdy discahrge and itching is less. but white scalling is still there on the vulva. we did the test it was negative for candadia and gonorhea can you guide what course of action we should take as i feel this doctor is not very much experienced in the area we are having treatment from last 3 weeks but doctor is still unable to give us clear answer what is causing the problem
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Thick vaginal discharge may be due to ,
Vulvovaginal candidiasis,
trichomonal vaginitis,
bacterial vaginosis
The lesions , which you mentioned in query may be due to cervicitis.
Pelvic inflammatory Disease ( P I D ) is one of the foremost reason of thick ,whitish discharge.
So consult one more Gynaecologist and get her opinion.
Good luck .