White, round patch on hair and goatee. Treatment?

why do I have a white patch of hair on my head just in the back and now on my chine I have a patch on my gotie, they are round patches and not just old age. I am at a stand still and cant seem to find anything online as to why this happens
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Dec 2013
I can understand your concern for the white, round patch on hair and goatee. There can be multiple possibilities of the same but if it is not painful then there is no need not worry. I advise you to not pinch or pop the area otherwise these areas are very prone for getting secondary infection. You can apply an steroid cream such as cortisone cream. If itching is present then can take benadryl accordingly. Apply a plenty of moisturizers over the affected area. If these increase then consult a dermatologist.