White raised spot on the gland in front of tonsil, please suggest

My daughter has a white bump like on her gland in front of her tonsil, she is 13. She has off again on again sore throats. I had taken her to the Dr. and when he saw it he said it looked like a smaall pus pocket only it s white. He did a strep culture which was negative. She has been through 2 rounds of ABX. She has had this for 3 months it has only grown slightly. She does not run a fever and her appetite is fine. Another Dr. told me that it could be saliva built up and not to worry mucous would run through and eventually pop it. It has been 3 months, How long does it take? Also he put a tube in her nose ran it down her throat and said she had acid reflux causing the sore throat. Wouldn the acid get rid of the bumb?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Nov 2010