White patches,dry, itchy on whole body after tanning, history of eczema. What could this be?

I have just come back from holiday and I got quite a dark tan, now have small white patches about 1cm covering my whole body and bigger ones in the creases of my arms, I suffer fom eczma when I m am stresses but it is nothing I ve seen before, the ones on my arm are dry and slightly itchy, my mum said it was fungle and to get medication off the doctor but the appointment is so far away and it is getting me down, I wondered what your opinion was on this? And what I could potentially do...
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012