White patches on hands, brown skin, started as small dots. Using steroid medication. Treatment?

Hi Sir, My 4 and half year old daughter has white patches and they are spreading all over. It started with right hand and some spots on back of the body and now I can see on left hand also. Initially they were started 4 months back and we thought they were SUN burns. We live in USA, but our skin color is brown.They started as small dots but now some of the those patches were 3cm diameter. We are now using steroid medication( clobetasol propionate cream and now protopic ) and we see some brown spots in those white patches, but it is spreading.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012