White patches inside the mouth after chewing tobacco. Advice?

I think I have leukoplakia on the inside of my right cheek from using chewing tobacco, but it seems like I have a couple of small round really white patches in the exact spot I held the chewing tobacco. The rest of the area seems to be kind of wrinkled and gross, but these spots are more white than the rest of the areas. Is that normal for leukoplakia or do you think it s something more serious? I quit chewing about 4 days ago to see if it corrects itself. How long do you think it would take before I see an improvement since I quit? They aren t raised, but I can feel the difference of the largest one if I run my tongue or finger over it. It doesn t really hurt either. I mean, it did hurt when I was using chewing tobacco because this was the exact spot that I put it in. At first I switched sides, but then I thought it was stupid so I quit. I think it would be one larger white spot, but the fact that my cheek is all wrinkled from using chew caused it to kind of fold over and make it look like two spots. So do you think it makes sense for the exact spot where the chewing tobacco was held to have a whiter appearance than the surrounding area? It almost seems like a callus or something.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012