White patch in groin. Is the patch because of a STD or is it just a skin infection ?

I noticed a small white patch that itches as well,on the left side of my groin 3-4 weeks back.Its white(it can be peeled off) when the skin s dry but it becomes normal when it comes in contact with water.I ve had sex only once,i.e. in February. But the patch appeared nearly a month after I had had sex. I stopped having sex,because I didn t know what this condition is!Is the patch because of a STD or is it just a skin infection?Is there an OTC medicine that I could apply?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Apr 2011