White patch in corner of mouth inside cheek, tough, biting cheek. Could this be linked to oral cancer?

Hi, I have a white patch inside the corner of my mouth (inside cheek) caused because I bite the insides of my cheek. Ive been doing it for years and typically it heals with no problem. This white patch is tough (like a corn on your toe ) and has now been there for about 2 months. My dentist noticed it a month ago and said stop biting my cheek. I have tried by tend to do it still now and then. I am worried that this particular patch is still there and read that it could be linked to oral cancer . Is this a high probability or am I worried about nothing?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012