White oval spot on neck, non itchy. Using cortisone cream, redness reduced. Treatment?

My 9 year old has a small white ovalish spot on the front of her neck with a slight pink outer border. She says it doesn t itch and has had it for a few weeks now. I treated it w antibiotic cream and it remained the same. Three days ago, I began treating it with cortisone cream and the redness is going away from the outer border. I still can see the white though. Should I just continue the cortisone or should I be alarmed?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012