White line on gum, became plaque. Why is there a dent there? Will it come back?

Hi I went to the dentist in June and I had a white line on my gum which ended up being plaque and it almost looked as if a bone were growing through so the dentist took it off and said to go back in september. When I came home I looked at the spot were she removed the plaque and there was a dent in my gum and so I let it be for a while and been brushing but noticed the white line is coming back. Is this normal it s only been a month since my last visit...
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012