White itchy patches, skin peeling off in the genitals, itching. What could this be?

Hi Doctor, I am a male and I have a skin problem in my genital area. There are some white itchy patches forming up in my genital area and spreading all over. Symptoms are itchiness, skin is peeling off like a powder occationally, and sometimes i can see cuts in the skin(might be because of skin peeling off.). Please help on this. Please let me know if you need any further details. Thanks in advance
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Thanks for the query,

There are two possibilities

1. You might have developed fungal infection.

The area of groin is very moist and is prone to develop these infections.

Treatment can be with oral antifungals as well as with topical antifungals.

Various antifungal powders like candid are availabe.

These can help reduce the moisture as well as control the infection.

2. Lichen sclerosis which is an autoimmune disorder and treatment is with steroids.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you good health,
Thank you