White hair patch on back of head. What is this?

My son has had a patch of white hair on the back of his head since first growing hair. His younger son has a similar patch in the coresponding place on his head. His eldest son does not have this patch, neither do I. Yesterday I came across a man of middle eastern background who also had a similar patch. I am interested to know if there is an explanation for such a phenominum.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Hi...dear perry..,
Thanks for choosing Hcm..,
Yes this white patch on the back ... due to genetic predisposition..,
This whitepatch on the back is called....BACKLOCK...Variant of Vitilligo...,
If it is in front called ..FORELOCK....,and also called ..LEUCOTRECHIA
There is no treatment for this..,
Dyeing of hairs and keeping clean and maintaing is the only way..,
ok thanQ