White flaking skin, discharge, itching sensation in ears. Tried bethamethasone, no relief. Cure?

What causes the liquid discharge , white dry flakes and very itchy sensation behind and on top of my left ear lobe. The location is on top of the ear adjacent to the side of the head. Very itchy. The affected part is reddish about 1 inch long on top the ear lobe and also on the side of the head side. I tried bethamethasone but it still is there. I tried antibiotics , no improvement. I am trying a nystatin/synalar now and se what happens. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013