White discharge, still have not had period

hi um i am 13 and i just turned it last friday and this has been going on since 2-3 months ago but umm i have been having a white discharge and i have not had mi peroid or been having sex whats goin on what does this mean
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
hello and thank you for asking HCM,

I understand your concern, but there is no reason for fear. In the first few years it is normal to have irregular periods. White discharge is normal and is caused by the changing level of hormones in a girl's body. This discharge helps to keep the vagina healthy. Normal discharge should have a slight odor and should never cause itching or burning. Problems like itching, a strong odor, or a change in color (such as brown, gray, or green) indicate that a girl may have a vaginal infection and needs to see a doctor. It is also important to keep your body clean by bathing on a regular basis. You don't need to do anything special to keep this part of your body clean. Just soap and water does the trick.

I hope this answer was helpful to you.