White deposits on tonsils, feeling of hard knot below tonsils, do not move on pushing. Can the deposits become large and lodged?

I have had those white deposits on my tonsils for many years. When I bush my teeth I press my tonsil lighty to remove them. Just recently I have felt a hard knot below my left tonsil. When I try to push on it ( thinking it might be one of those white deposits) it will not move or losen. I just wondered if it could be something else. Can those deposits become farly large and lodged?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012